The DD Lineup
Dynamic Discs has a solid array of plastic types to meet just about everyone’s needs. For those who need a refresher, here’s what we have available:
- Classic – This is best known as our baseline or entry level plastic. It offers a good grip and will beat into a very smooth and soft turnover disc after just a few laps around the track. Classic makes a great choice for putters and midrange discs, especially if you like cycling discs at various stages of wear and tear.
- Prime – Offering many of the same benefits of Classic plastic, our Prime discs give players an improved grip and more durability. You’ll still get that same beat in flight after a while, but Prime will hold up a little longer when it comes to wear and tear.
- Lucid – We love this plastic and so do the pros! As one of our premium plastics, Lucid discs take durability to the next level. Many players opt for Lucid discs not only for their trusted performance but because their translucent effect looks pretty great in the air.
- Fuzion – This line builds upon the premium plastic platform of durability and strength just like the Lucid discs. Fuzion plastic will give you a great grip as well as the added look of a shimmery shine.
- BioFuzion – Some prefer the less expensive and economical choice in BioFuzion plastic which is made from grinding up deformed and misprinted discs into a recycled plastic. This results in a disc that is not as durable as Fuzion but still offers a great product.
- Fluid – Fluid plastic offers the same durability and look that has made the Lucid line so successful but has a softer, almost gummy like quality that makes the disc extremely grippy. Dynamic Discs’ Fluid line is also the perfect choice for playing in colder weather which normally makes it hard to get a good firm grip on your disc. Our Fluid line plastic will stiffen up but remain soft and save you strokes during those cold winter rounds.
How’s Your Flight?
So the ultimate question is: does your plastic choice affect the flight of your disc, and more importantly, influence your disc purchasing decisions? Many might say yes, as the durability and grip you get on certain plastics can give you a more trusted and accurate shot than others.
Still, other players might feel that plastic types are more about comfort in the hand and durability in your bag, and the flight of your disc comes from your own skills as a player.